GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (40)

I've been lacking sleep for 2 days now. I look horrible. And I can't focus on my reading. *sigh* And it's summer!!! It's super hot in Manila! So what are you guys up to?

We have some fabulous picks this week, check it out!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Days Like This by Alison Stewart
Release Date: August 1st 2011
Published by: Penguin Australia
Summary (from Goodreads):

I want to go back to the days when life made sense. The days before our parents became strange; before the warming ate away at all the living things in the world; before The Committee and their Blacktroopers. Before the Wall.

Lily is a prisoner in her own home. Forced to stay inside by The Committee and guarded by their increasingly distant parents, Lily and her brother Daniel are beginning to ask why. Then, when Daniel disappears just before his seventeenth birthday, Lily knows she is next.

She has to escape.

But who else is out there?

And can anyone survive days like this?
Why I'm waiting for Days Like This:

Because it's dystopian? Should there be any other reason? Dystopian books have a special place in my heart. I love it! A city bounded by walls. I can just imagine it. Days Like This have this Birthmarked slash Dark Parties vibe in it, which are also two books I've yet to read and is eagerly anticipating. Also, probably one of the first Aussie YA Dystopian book I've seen, so I'm very excited!

Title: Ashes (Dystopian Thriller Trilogy) by Ilsa J. Bick
Release Date: September 2011
Published by: EgmontUSA
Summary (from Goodreads):

It could happen tomorrow...

A cataclysmic event. An army of "The Changed."
Can one teen really survive on her own?

An electromagnetic pulse sweeps through the sky, destroying ever electronic device and killing billions. For those spared, it's a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human...

Desperate to find out what happened and to avoid the Changed, Alex meets up with Tom---a young army veteran---and Ellie, a young girl whose grandfather was killed by the electromagnetic pulse.

This improvised family will have to use every ounce of courage they have just to survive.
Why I'm waiting for Ashes:

Don't you like the premise? A post apocalyptic, dystopian book! An electromagnetic pulse killed everyone else, thus the "Changed", which I of course am curious. Are they zombies? Robotic creatures created from the dead? And a girl amidst it all. I just finished reading Enclave and I love me a book with a female lead in a post apocalyptic setting.

And hey, it was blurbed by Michael Grant and James Dashner!

Title: Circle Nine by Anne Heltzel
Release Date: September 13th 2011
Published by: Candlewick Press (MA)
Summary (from Goodreads):

She knows only Sam, a mysterious teenage boy. He is her sole companion; her whole life. She was born, already a teenager, lying outside a burning building in soot-stained clothes, remembering nothing, not even her name. He showed her the necklace she had on, the one that named her: Abby. Sam brought her to live in his cave-palace, where he gives her everything she needs. He loves her. He protects her from the world outside, from everyone who wants to hurt them, like the denizens of Circle Nine, Dante’s deepest circle of hell. But even in a charmed, brand-new life like Abby’s, change will come. Sam falls ill. A new girl comes to stay, and Abby begins to question Sam’s devotion. With doubt comes emotional turmoil, changes in perception, and glimpses of her past identity. In this courageous psychological thriller, Abby tells the story of living her new life and discovering her old one, while grappling with an ever-changing reality.
Why I'm waiting for Circle Nine:

This sounds very different. The bookworm inside of me perked up when I've read the words "Hell" and "Dante". I'm not sure what to make of this book yet, but it's definitely intriguing. I haven't read any YA psychological thriller in a while, and Circle Nine looks like something that I'd pick up on first glance.

-----

Share your WoW picks please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails