GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (66)

This has been a week of relaxation. 4 day weekend to spend remembering our loved ones who passed away. I spent the last 4 days reading in between visiting cemeteries and I now have to write 7 reviews. Wow.

Anyway, here are the books we are waiting for this week:

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Skin Deep by Laura Jarrat
Release Date: March 2012
Published by: Hardie Grant Egmont
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

After the car crash that leaves her best friend dead, Jenna is permanently scarred. She struggles to rebuild her life, but every stare in the street, every time she looks in the mirror, makes her want to retreat further from the world. Until she meets Ryan.

Ryan is also an outsider. When he and his mother arrive in town she tells him this time it will be different. He doesn't believe her. Until he meets Jenna.

As Jenna and Ryan grow closer, repercussions from the crash continue to reverberate through the community. And then a body is found…

Why I'm waiting for Skin Deep:

It's a contemporary book with a gorgeous plot. And look at that cover. Need I say more? It's another one of those heartbreaking, emotionally charged books that I cannot wait to dive into. It reminds me a little bit of The Beginning of After, which I really loved, so I am pretty excited about this book.

Title: Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham
Release Date: April 2012
Published by: EgmontUK
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

“I’m so tired of feeling sad. And waiting for other people to make me happy and they don’t. And if no-one else is going to make you happy, well maybe you just have to do it for yourself?”

Fourteen year old Georgie Harris feels as if the summer holidays are over before they have even begun. Banned from going to the local drama workshop by her bully of a step-dad and her increasingly fragile mum, she is consigned to six long weeks of looking after her tooth-fairy obsessed kid sister. Sick of feeling like the outsider at home and at school, she starts emailing the one person she thinks might understand; Dylan Curtland, star of the popular soap opera Jessop Close. And when Dylan starts emailing back, Georgie finally feels a spark of hope. At last she has someone who really gets her, someone who really wants to help. But in the faceless world of email all is not as it seems…

Why I'm waiting for Dear Dylan:

Aside from the fact that this book won the 2010 Young Minds Book Award? This was a self-published book recently acquired by Egmont and I'm glad they did because it just sounds awesome. It sounds awfully intriguing and I for one am curious to know just what twists that sentence "In the faceless world of email all is not as it seems..." mean. No one is certain in cyberspace, so I keep on guessing what the book is really about.

If you want to check the new cover, visit EgmontUK's catalogue: http://www.egmont.co.uk/epub/2012/cat2012/ It reminds me a bit of Suzanne Selfors' cover for Mad Love.

-----

So what are you guys waiting for this week? Share please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails