GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Monday, August 15, 2011

Book finds!

Forgive me for not updating the blog for 3 days now. I've been busy with a lot of things and I haven't found time (and the motivation) to read and/or write a review. So this is probably a lame attempt to make up for that lack of reviews and updates. :)

I live for book sales. I'm a cheapskate, actually, that's why I love sales. Although I have to admit I never knew when the exact schedule will be, and I'm caught off guard most of the time. Going to book sales and finding good books is a big challenge, since you have to search through a ton of books and find something you'd like.


So when I saw that giant banner for National Bookstore's sale at Market! Market! I swore I'd drop by before the sale ends. I never had a technique or a preferred day when I'd go. To me it doesn't really make a difference if I go once the sale starts or a day before it ends, I think it all depends on what you'll find when you go and how well you look for a book you'd like.

I dropped by today at National Bookstore Market! Market! branch and found some treats*! I almost hyperventilated when the first table had books up to 50% off! I immediately checked and off the top of my head, the books on sale worth mentioning on that table were:

Sphinx's Princess (Sphinx's Princess #1) by Esther M. Friesner
Invisible I (The Amanda Project #1) by Stella Lennon
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Meridian by Amber Kizer
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
Vesper by Jeff Sampson
Blood Ninja by Nick Lake

All of the books mentioned are hardcovers.
Another table with 40% off have these books:

Firebirds Soaring (Various authors)
Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brenan
13 to Life by Shannon Delany
Reckless by Cornelia Funke


Less than 300 pesos:

Revelations (Blue Bloods #3) by Melissa Dela Cruz
Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6) by Ellen Schreiber

But what really got me were the books I found in a table labeled "Sale". All of the books there were hardcovers and everything was priced 100 php or less. So curious me took time to check the books and I found some goodies like:

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Lost Queen (Faerie Path #2) by Frewin Jones
Everwild (Skinjacker, #2) by Neal Shusterman
Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn

I wanted to get all four, but The Lost Queen and Everwild are sequels in a series, and I don't want to get books out of order. And just when I was about to leave (I decided to buy Life As We Knew it and Voices of Dragons) I spotted these books:

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta


Of course I had to pick up Marchetta's book. I haven't read any of her books but based from my fellow Filipino bloggers reactions and recommendations, Marchetta writes great novels, and I knew I had to read it (plus I am getting the sequel for the book for review) so I figured I should buy it.


Can you believe it? 3 books I want to read for 297 php! Normally these would cost me around a thousand pesos for all three, so it really is a great find! All three books are in great condition, almost new, with very minimal bends and scratches.

So fellow bloggers! Have you guys been on sale this week? What great finds did you get? I'll be dropping by National Book Store CyberOne tomorrow and see what books they have on sale. According to Precious, all import books currently have 20% discount, so buy books to your heart's content :)

*Note: The books I have listed might not be available on the National bookstore branch near you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails