GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

[Dystopian Domination] Day 12: Restoring Harmony by Joëlle Anthony Character Interview (Spill) + SWAG Giveaway!

Today we have another amazing author featured for our Dystopian Domination event, Joëlle Anthony! Her book, Restoring Harmony, was released last year, and right now we're interviewing the protagonist, Spill!

Don't know who he is? Then you better grab a copy of Restoring Harmony!


What do people think of your name?

Only Molly and her family know me as Spill, and I’m pretty sure it drives her crazy that I won’t tell her my real name. It’s for her own good, though. The less she knows about the real me, the better. Her grandparents have taken it in stride, and the kids don’t really care what they call me, either. I think it’s a fun name though because I borrowed it from one of The Borrowers. You know, those great books? Well, the character Spiller is a bit like me, but Spill sounds cooler, which is why I shortened it.

In a chaotic world, why did you decide to help Molly?

Because I’ve never met anyone who needed help more than she does. Okay, that’s not really fair. Molly’s actually very smart and resourceful. But she’s so naïve and I couldn’t forget her once we’d met. I’m always impressed by someone who can play a musical instrument too. Plus, Molly’s no damsel in distress. She works hard and lives passionately, which I admire. Also…well…she’s a babe. I’ll admit it. I like to think I’m special, but I’m not really different than any other guy…we’ll all help out a hot girl.

Published by Putnam, May 2010

Can you describe to us what Molly is like?

She likes to think she’s really tough, and in a way, she is. But more along the lines of being a hard worker and determined. She’d do anything for her family, and if you needed her, she’d be there for you. When you can really see who she is though is when she’s playing the fiddle. She closes her eyes and the fiddle just becomes part of her body, swaying with her, the music pouring out of both of them. This is my favorite time to check her out. It might sound stupid, but I feel like I can see her heart.

How will you describe your relationship with Molly?

Risky. I’m not really in a position to have a normal dating relationship, whatever that is these days. I have to be careful who I associate with, and also how much I let them know about me. Molly wants to know everything. She’s an open book herself, and can’t understand why I won’t tell her more about myself, but it’s too dangerous. It would be best if we stopped seeing each other altogether, but every time I try to put some distance between us (for her safety), something happens that draws us back together.

If you were given a chance to live in the year 2011, what would be the first three things you would do?

I would go to a movie in a big air conditioned theater. And it would be a new movie, one that was just made. All we get now are old ones. I think it would be really exciting to see a brand new movie. I’d also fly to Europe with a couple of friends and just travel around for a few months – go to the beaches, eat foreign food, like guys used to do after they graduated from college. And speaking of college, I would attend a university and live on campus. I’m not sure what I’d study, maybe business because I’m good at that, but probably something more arty. Like English Literature.

-----
Joëlle currently lives on a tiny island in British Columbia with her musician husband, Victor Anthony.

As for the future, their only plan is to avoid real jobs, write and play guitar in front of the wood stove, and live happily ever after. Look for her debut novel, Restoring Harmony, in May 2010 from Putnam.

GIVEAWAY TIME!

Joëlle is giving away SWAG (magnets and postcard! signed!) to one lucky winner!

Rules:

Must be a follower
Comment with your e-mail address
OPEN TO EVERYONE
ENDS June 9, 2011

Extra entries:
(not required)

+2 Spread the word: twitter, sidebar, tumblr, etc.
+3 blog about it
+3 post our Dystopian Domination button on your blog and link back


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails