GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (43) You Know You Want Them! Edition

I'm aliveeeeeeeeeee! And way behind on my reading sched. All I did while I was in bed resting for the last five days was to read manga/manhwa. I am finally updated! But my reading pile has been glaring at me. Poor babies... *pats books*

This week we are featuring books that EVERYONE wants to read. At least I DO want to read them, DYING even, TO READ!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Darker Still (Magic Most Foul #1) by Leanna Renee Hieber
Release Date: November 1st 2011
Published by: Sourcebooks Fire
Summary (from Goodreads):

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...

Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

Why I'm waiting for Darker Still:

I was sold the moment I read the first line. Dorian Gray with a hint of Jane Austen's masterpiece and a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? Now I think that is a lethal combination! And one I have not seen before. I'm intrigued to see how the combination of those three can work out in a Young Adult style w/ a historical setting.

P.S. Isn't the cover JUST GORGEOUS?!

Title: Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst, Evan Schwartz
Release Date: September 13th 2011
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry
Summary (from author's website):

Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire, fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist). They're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the king's feast -- as the entrees.

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends -- especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache -- to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?

Why I'm waiting for Drink, Slay, Love:

We've seen (and read) of Zombies fighting it out with Unicorns, but still it comes as a surprise to me that we're having vampires AND unicorns. I find the plot really cute and entertaining. So that's what happens when a unicorn stabs a vampire... must take note of that. :) What happens when someone evil starts being nice? Can't wait to read Drink, Slay, Love! I have not read any books by Sarah Beth Durst, but this should be fun!

Title: Fateful by Claudia Gray
Release Date: September 13th 2011
Published by: Harper Collins Children's Books
Summary (from Goodreads):

About a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the lecherous young lord of the manor. But that's not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who's ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she'd rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf ... one cursed to change every night, unless and until he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You'd think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn't you?

But no. Their biggest problem -- though they don't know it yet -- is that they're aboard the RMS Titanic.

Why I'm waiting for Fateful:

Why, indeed? When I haven't even read The Evernight series! (Feel free to chase after me with pitchforks, I know... I am such a sad case.) Werewolves and the Titanic (which is one of my most beloved movies, mind you.) what more can you ask for?

-----

Share your WoWs this week, please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails