GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (73) Poison Heart & At Yellow Lake

4 days before Christmas!!! Who's excited?

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Poison Heart by S. B. Hayes
Release Date: March 1st 2012
Published by: Quercus Books
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

An idle glance through the window of a bus changes everything for Katy Rivers.

A mysterious girl, with luminous green eyes, stares back and from that moment on she haunts Katy and appears to know her every move, even what she is thinking. What is the strange connection between them? And what is the power of the emerald pendant which the girl bestows on her?

‘I’m everything you’re not and I’m going to take over your life… I’m your worst nightmare.’

These chilling words mean that Katy is gradually backed into a corner, alienated from everyone she holds dear, even her own mother. Only her best friend Luke, keeps faith and together they must find a way to defeat the girl who is determined that she will be with Katy...even until death.

Why I'm waiting for Poison Heart:

I'm still trying to figure out what this book is really about. It's intriguing in a sense that I can't place it anywhere. Is it a thriller? Psychological story? Supernatural? Paranormal? Is the girl with green eyes from an alternate, parallel universe? I love how mysterious and frightening it sounds!

Title: At Yellow Lake by Jane McLoughlin
Release Date: June 7th 2012
Published by: Frances Lincoln Childrens Books
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!

Summary (from Goodreads):

Etta, Peter and Jonah all find themselves at a cabin by the shore of Yellow Lake, and flung together in the terrifying series of events that follows. Jonah has come to Yellow Lake to try to get in touch with his Ojibwe roots. Peter is there to bury a lock of his mother's hair - her final request. Etta is on the run from her mother's creepy boyfriend, Kyle, and his dodgy friends. But as the three take shelter in the cabin, finding surprising solace in each other's company, they soon realise that they have inadvertently stumbled onto the scene of a horrifying crime, and Kyle and his cronies have no intention of letting them escape. A sparkling debut from new teen author, Jane McLoughlin, At Yellow Lake will keep readers gripped until the final page.

Why I'm waiting for At Yellow Lake:

Mystery, crime and suspense all in one book? Consider me intrigued! And I just love the book cover! It reminds me a little bit of Helen Grant's Wish Me Dead, about four friends dealing with Death and it's terrifying consequences.

-----

Share your WoWs this week please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails