GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (62)

Heya, everyone! How are you this week? It's only Wednesday but I'm stressed beyond belief. *sigh* I hope you all have a better week than I do!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation #1) by Avery Williams
Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Published by: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

People say ‘love never dies’… but love might be the death of Seraphina. Seraphina has been alive since the Middle Ages, when her boyfriend, Cyrus, managed to perfect a method of alchemy that lets them swap bodies with any human being. Sera ran away from Cyrus years ago, when she realized that what they were doing—taking the lives of innocent people—was wrong. She doesn’t want to die, so she finds young people who are on the brink of death, and inhabits their bodies. When we meet Sera, she has landed in the body of a girl named Kailey who was about to die in a car accident. For the first time, Sera falls in love with the life of the person she’s inhabiting. Sera also falls for the boy next door, Noah. And soon it’s clear the feelings are returned. Unfortunately, she can never kiss Noah, because for her to touch lips with a human would mean the human’s death. And she has even more to worry about: Cyrus is chasing her, and if she stays in one place for long, she puts herself—and the people she’s grown to care for—in danger.

Why I'm waiting for The Alchemy of Forever*:

Who wouldn't? I've always been interested in reading books with stories revolving around re-incarnation. There's something awfully romantic about reading of two people who seem to find their way to each other regardless of place and time. But this one sounds way more complicated. She can't kiss the boy she likes, and she falls in love with the life she took away. Isn't that interesting? It somehow reminds me of Juliet Immortal. Sera and Cyrus, two people who should be in love, are in a deadly cat and mouse chase.

*Note: Simon & Schuster says this is not yet the final cover, but I think it's really pretty! I wouldn't mind if it is the cover. :)

Title: Night School by Christi Daugherty
Release Date: January 2012
Published by: ATOM
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Sometimes school is murder.

Allie Sheridan's world is falling apart. She hates her school. Her brother has run away from home. And she's just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have finally had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to a boarding school for problem teenagers.

But Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Its rules are strangely archaic. It allows no computers or phones. Its students are an odd mixture of the gifted, the tough and the privileged. And then there's the secretive Night School, whose activities other students are forbidden even to watch.

When Allie is attacked one night the incident sets off a chain of events leading to the violent death of a girl at the summer ball. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, Allie must learn who she can trust. And what's really going on at Cimmeria Academy.

Why I'm waiting for Night School:

When I first saw the cover, I thought 'Entangled'? I think it's the red hair. It's somewhat a bit like Vampire Knight, with the student population divided between the Night School and the Day classes. I will hold off my judgment and not say that this is about vampires.But I'm really curious to know what's in Cimmeria Academy. Anyone have any idea what it is?

-----

So what are you guys waiting for this week? Share your links!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome picks! Looking forward to both of these---especially The Alchemy of Forever. I really hope Simon & Schuster stick with this cover though. It's stunning!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alchemy of Forever sounds amazing! I hope they stick with that cover as well. Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo the Alchemy ones sounds awesome! Love the cover. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. alchemy sounds really unique, i'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT picks! I just added all of them to my tbr/wish list. They all look amazing. And Gosh, I adore Night School's cover. Well, I like both covers. But Night School is my top.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you read Anime ? I think the first book sounds a little bit like Full Metal Alchemist. Also, I must watch Vampire Knight one of these days but, I'm to busy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Alchemy of Forever looks like it should be a very interesting book. I added it to my wishlist. I love the idea behind reincarnation stories, too. So I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are new titles and I love the sound of them. I am especially intrigued by The Alchemy of Love's innovative and original premise. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, both of these sound really amazing. I definitely need to add them to my wishlist immediately. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices! Alchemy of Forever sounds really neat it's the first I hear of it.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I've never heard of these books. They're definitely going up on my TBR :) Thank you!

    My WoW: http://onlysomewhatqueer.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-oct-5-cool-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. night school looks really good!

    i follow you here!

    here's my WOW post! Stop by and let me know what your fav read has been so far this year!! I also posted a review of my WOW..so technically I guess I already finished with my waiting!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these look like awesome books. Surprised I hadn't heard of them before. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour and check out my WOW as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails