GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (44)

Trying to make this quick!

I only have two picks for this week, is that weird? I love both books though, and I'm pretty excited to read them! 

Here's my WoW picks this week:

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Truth about Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne
Release Date: August 1st 2011
Published by: Usborne Publishing
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf
Summary (from Goodreads):

Celia Frost is a freak. At least that's what everyone thinks. Her life is ruled by a rare disorder that means she could bleed to death from the slightest cut, confining her to a gloomy bubble of safetyA". No friends. No fun. No life. But when a knife attack on Celia has unexpected consequences, her mum reacts strangely. Suddenly they're on the run. Why is her mum so scared? Someone out there knows - and when they find Celia, she's going to wish the truth was a lie - A buried secret; a gripping manhunt; a dangerous deceit: what is the truth about Celia Frost? A page-turning thriller that's impossible to put down.

Why I'm waiting for The Truth About Celia Frost:

I've had my eyes on this book for quite some time now! A girl suffering from a rare disease that can kill her if she gets so much as a small cut. How awesomely terrifying is that? What is she? An experiment gone wrong? A paranormal being? The secrets riddled in the summary is enough to entice me!

Title: Reasons to Be Happy by Katrina Kittle
Release Date: October 1st 2011
Published by: Sourcebooks, Incorporated
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf
Summary (from Goodreads):

Hannah's parents are glamorous Hollywood royalty, and sometimes she feels like the ugly duckling in a family of swans. After her mother's tragic death, Hannah's grief is compounded by her desperate need to live up to her mother's image. She tries to control her weight through Bulimia, and her devastated father is too distracted to notice. The secret of her eating disorder weighs heavily on Hannah, but the new eighth grade Beverly Hills clique she's befriended only reinforces her desire to be beautiful. The only one who seems to notice, or care, that something is wrong is Jasper, the quirky mistfit.

Why I'm waiting for Reasons to Be Happy:

Odd capitalization of letters, I swear that has something to do with what the book overall, that's what my gut is telling me. A girl from a famous family suffering from an eating disorder? I've read Jackie Kessler's Hunger and though I know its a bit different than this book, I'm very interested to read a book tackling eating disorder. I'm curious to see what this Jasper guy will do.

-----

Share your WoWs this week, please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails