GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (42) The Sequels Edition!

I had a hard time picking books to be featured today. I have too much to do and I'm sure most of these have been in your radar, but if not, read on! :) I'm really excited for these three!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Forbidden (The Demon Trappers #2) by Jana Oliver
Release Date: August 5th 2011
Published by: Macmillan Children's Books
Summary (from Goodreads):

Riley's beginning to think being a demon trapper isn't all it's cracked up to be. Her dad's been stolen by a necromancer, her boyfriend's gone all weird and she's getting warm and fuzzy feelings for someone who's seriously bad news. It's tempting to give it all up and try to be normal, but that's not an option. Because the demons have plans for Riley. And they're not the only ones.

* This book is being published in the U.S. as "Soul Thief", by St. Martin's Griffin, this coming August 30th. The cover is also different, click HERE to see what it looks like.

Why I'm waiting for Forbidden/Soul Thief:

I have recently read Forsaken (The Demon Trapper's daughter) and I loved the book so much. Riley is a very likeable character, vulnerable at times but strong when she needs to, and I am really looking forward to see what's in store for her in this sequel. I'm still hoping to see her with Beck, but who knows? And finally know how she'll take on her duty of saving the world and finding the demon who killed her father. Should be another great book to read, because Jana Oliver doesn't disappoint!

Title: Undercurrent (Siren #2) by Tricia Rayburn
Release Date: July 12th 2011
Published by: EgmontUSA
Summary (from Goodreads):

After losing her sister and finding out who- or what- she really is, Vanessa returns home for her senior year. Everyone at Hawthorne Prep has questions about her tragic summer, but knowing who to open up to is impossible. As she walks the halls without Justine for the very first time, Vanessa has more to worry about than just making a new life for herself.

Because the sirens are out for revenge. To protect herself and the ones she loves, Vanessa must call on powers she believes she has but does not know how to use. To learn, she'll have to seek help from the only person who truly knows her. But first, she must admit the truth about her real identity.

Why I'm waiting for Undercurrent:

I loved Tricia Rayburn's writing and Siren's one of my favorite mermaid themed stories last year. The first book ended in a cliff-hanger and finally, finally! the sequel is here. I was a bit surprised that it'll be releasing early (I only found out about the sequel's release date a few months ago) and July's just around the corner! Can't wait to know more about Vanessa and her new life after finding out she's a Siren.

Title: Prized (Birthmarked #2) by Caragh M. O'Brien
Release Date: November 8th 2011
Published by: Roaring Brook Press
Summary (from Goodreads):

Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime. In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole?

Why I'm waiting for Prized:

I borrowed a friend/fellow book blogger's copy of Birthmarked and I'm about to start reading the book. I love dystopian novels and I have a feeling I'm going to like Birthmarked, so naturally, I am looking forward to reading Prized. Gaia (what a nice name!) sounds like a great protagonist and the summary's got me pretty excited to read it. Girls are ruling over boys? A strict social code? Gaia escaped beyond the walls of her home, and she's in for a more dangerous journey with her sister. This book is definitely worth waiting for.

-----

Share your WoWs this week please! Would love to discover more books to look forward to reading this year :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails