GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (28)

Missed a meme yesterday. Again. I was too tired and my fingers hurt a lot. Well my whole body hurts. Earned a trip to the ER yesterday and now I'm gonna go back for a bout of tests. Darn. Me and my weak immune system.

This week we have 3 amazing books on our WoW list!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Ladybird, Ladybird by Abra Ebner
Release Date: June 1st 2011
Published by: Crimson Oak Publishing
Summary (from Goodreads):

Samantha was born on a full moon to a mother already dead. Revived by doctors and given to her unloving father, Samantha was raised a cursed child, her only friend the ghost of her mother who speaks to her through keys. From the inside out, Sam burned with life, a fire so vivid it kept her peers at a distance, all except one. Leith, a quiet farmboy with a broken heart and demons of his own, enjoys the seclusion his classmates grant him, but the seclusion is all too familiar to Sam.

When their worlds collide... fires burn.

Title: The Magnolia League (The Magnolia League #1) by Katie Crouch
Release Date: May 3rd 2011
Published by: Poppy
Summary (from Goodreads):

After the death of her free-spirited mother, sixteen-year-old Alex Lee must leave her home in northern California to live with her wealthy grandmother in Savannah, Georgia. By birth, Alex is a rightful, if unwilling, member of the Magnolia League, Savannah's long-standing debutante society. She quickly discovers that the Magnolias have made a pact with a legendary hoodoo family, the Buzzards. The Magnolias enjoy youth, beauty and power. But at what price?

As in her popular adult novels, Crouch's poignant and humorous voice shines in this seductively atmospheric story about girls growing up in a magical Southern city.

Title: The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jessica Rothenberg
Release Date: 2011
Published by: Dutton Children's Books
Summary (from Goodreads):

In the book, a 15-year-old girl who literally dies of a broken heart must pass through five stages of grief before she can move on to the afterlife...and restore her faith in love.


-----

Why I'm waiting for Ladybird, Ladybird:

Because Abra Ebner wrote it. :)

I'm a big fan of her Knight Angels series, and I was so ecstatic when I found out she's releasing another book! And, aren't you curious to know what Samantha's curse was? Plus the cover just took my breath away. It's so lovely!

Why I'm waiting for The Magnolia League:

Witches, I think, is the story's theme. Voodoo magic. I haven't read a book like this in a long time, so I'm really looking forward to The Magnolia League. It sounds a bit like Kieran's Scott's She's So Dead To Us, with the rich + debutante angle, and I have a feeling we'll encounter a bunch of pampered, snarky debutantes here. :)

Why I'm waiting for The Catastrophic History of You and Me:

A lot of people are, actually. I just read a certain blog post that Dutton paid a six figure amount just to have this book published. Wow. So it must be good. It's tragic, about heartbreak (literally) and mortality and, according to the blog post I saw, is reminiscent of Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones. If that isn't enough reason to look forward to this book, I dunno what will.

Share your WoW posts everyone!

7 comments:

  1. The ER? You poor dear! I hope you're feeling better.
    These books all sound really wonderful! I don't think I've heard much about The Catastrophic History of You and Me, but it's definitely going on my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices this week! The Magnolia League sounds definately interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fantastic picks! Hadn't heard of The Catastrophic History of You and Me but it's certainly going on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Catastrophic History of You and Me sounds very original, I'm definitely adding this one to my list. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added Ladybird, Ladybird to my list! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I hadn't heard of that last one before but literally dying of a broken heart? Very cool. Definitely adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails