GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (26)

Hah! I did not skip TT this week! Although I'm posting a bit late than usual.

I'm sleepy. LOL. It's a really slow Tuesday so far. How are you all?

My teaser for this week comes from a book that I should have read a while ago but only got around reading now. Haha.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Thinking how nice it was to talk with him, I realize how desperate I am to pretend that I'm normal and healthy and not stalked by angels, punished by God.

Yet even without shoes dropping or angels visiting, just the thought of that icy clear light, that terrible voice, makes me feel weak and ill.

~ p. 63, "Kindred" by Tammar Stein

I've heard not so good things about this book, but I'm reserving my judgment. It's a nice read so far, let's hope this holds up to the end. I'm really curious about how things will turn up for Miriam and Mo so...

4 comments:

  1. You can't always go by what others say. Hope you enjoy the book!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/02/tuesday-teaser-train-from-marietta-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo-- The teaser sounds intriguing. The book title and the cover look good too.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser - I hope you continue to enjoy it.
    Mine is here:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I definitely would want to pretend I'm normal too if I were her. Hope you're enjoying the book (:

    My teaser

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails