GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (147): The Walled City + Dissonance

Gearing up for Saturday's mega fabulous signing! Haha, so forgive me if this post is a bit rushed.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
Release Date: November 4th 2014
Published by: Little, Brown
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

There are three rules in the Walled City: Run fast. Trust no one. Always carry your knife. Right now, my life depends completely on the first. Run, run, run.

Jin, Mei Yee, and Dai all live in the Walled City, a lawless labyrinth run by crime lords and overrun by street gangs. Teens there run drugs or work in brothels—or, like Jin, hide under the radar. But when Dai offers Jin a chance to find her lost sister, Mei Yee, she begins a breathtaking race against the clock to escape the Walled City itself.

Why I'm waiting for The Walled City:

Because it sounds seriously awesome. I'm not sure if it's just because the summary was written in a way that'll make a person curious to know more (as all summaries are supposed to do), but come on. A lawless labyrinth. Gangs. A girl who wants to get out of a walled city to save her sister. Imagine the adrenaline rush it'll bring. The adrenaline filled, action packed scenes. That makes me unusually excited, wow. Sign me up for this!

Title: Dissonance (Dissonance #1) by Erica O'Rourke
Release Date: July 22nd 2014
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Delancy Sullivan has always known there’s more to reality than what people see. Every time someone makes a choice, a new, parallel world branches off from the existing one. Eating breakfast or skipping it, turning left instead of right, sneaking out instead of staying in bed ~ all of these choices create an alternate universe in which an echo self takes the road not travelled and makes the opposite decision. As a Walker, someone who can navigate between these worlds, Del’s job is to keep all of the dimensions in harmony.

Normally, Del can hear the dissonant frequency that each world emits as clear as a bell. But when a training session in an off-key world goes horribly wrong, she is forbidden from Walking by the Council. But Del’s not big on following the rules and she secretly starts to investigate these other worlds. Something strange is connecting them and it’s not just her random encounters with echo versions of the guy she likes, Simon Lane.

But Del’s decisions have unimaginable consequences and, as she begins to fall for the Echo Simons in each world, she draws closer to a truth that the Council of Walkers is trying to hide ~ a secret that threatens the fate of the entire multiverse.

Why I'm waiting for Dissonance:

Two words: Alternate universes! Or fine, parallel words! (Still two words.) I've never read a book that deals with what happens in other worlds, or the "roads less travelled", so this one sure made me curious. What a fresh sounding concept!

-----

What are your picks this week?


11 comments:

  1. Dissonance sounds really good. I have an ARC of it. I can't wait to dive in.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound sooo good. I have a copy of Dissonance, but I haven't read it yet though.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a copy on Edelweiss but I got rejected. >< How'd you get a copy?

      Delete
  3. Both of these sound fantastic but I'm partial to Dissonance because that cover is super gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard of The Walled City over the weekend, and it sounds awesome! I'm on the fence about Dissonance, but I love the cover! :D Great picks!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen Oh was raving about the book yesterday and I'm like "oh man, I need to read it soon too!"

      Delete
  5. I am really looking forward to The Walled City! I saw a review copy on Edelweiss but am too chicken to request ;) I hadn't heard of Dissonance before, but it sounds really good, and now I have yet another book to add to my TBR! Thanks for sharing, these are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Walled City's on Edelweiss too?! I've only seen Dissonance! I wanna request but yeah, I'll most probably be rejected. Hope you get to read both soon!

      Delete
  6. I Requested Dissonance and didn't get it either ): I think it sounds a lot like Pivot Point, which I LOVED.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails