GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (144): Glory O'Brien's History of the Future + Don't Touch

Okay, both books sounds really good. What do you think? They're awesome right?

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
Release Date: October 14th 2014
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Want? Add to Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

WOULD YOU TRY TO CHANGE THE WORLD IF YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD NO FUTURE?

Graduating from high school is a time of limitless possibilities—but not for Glory, who has no plan for what's next. Her mother committed suicide when Glory was only four years old, and she’s never stopped wondering if she will eventually go the same way...until a transformative night when she begins to experience an astonishing new power to see a person’s infinite past and future. From ancient ancestors to many generations forward, Glory is bombarded with visions—and what she sees ahead of her is terrifying.

A tyrannical new leader raises an army. Women’s rights disappear. A violent second civil war breaks out. And young girls vanish daily, sold off or interned in camps. Glory makes it her mission to record everything she sees, hoping her notes will somehow make a difference. She may not see a future for herself, but she’ll do everything in her power to make sure this one doesn’t come to pass.

Why I'm waiting for Glory O'Brien's History of the Future:

It's a new A.S. King book. That's enough reason for me to read it, right? Seriously. I didn't even know A.S. King has a new book coming out and then I came across this book. Just... wow. If you had the power to see the past and future, what will you do? I've always been interested in a premise like this, and I love how A.S. King managed to incorporate in her book feminism, freedom, and things that matter. I'm pretty sure this going to be another compelling read.


Title: Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson
Release Date: September 2nd 2014
Published by: Harper Teen
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

A powerful story of a girl who is afraid to touch another person’s skin, until the boy auditioning for Hamlet opposite her Ophelia gives her a reason to overcome her fears.


Step on a crack, break your mother’s back. Touch another person’s skin, and Dad’s gone for good.

Caddie can’t stop thinking that if she keeps from touching another person’s skin, her parents might get back together…which is why she wears full-length gloves to school and covers every inch of her skin.

It seems harmless at first, but Caddie’s obsession soon threatens her ambitions as an actress. She desperately wants to play Ophelia in her school’s production of Hamlet. But that would mean touching Peter, who’s auditioning for the title role—and kissing him. Part of Caddie would love nothing more than to kiss Peter—but the other part isn't sure she's brave enough to let herself fall.

Why I'm waiting for Don't Touch:

Okay, why is she afraid to touch another person's skin? It's a contemporary novel, so it's not because of an ability of some sort. Now that I think about it, that's what makes this book intriguing. There's a deeper reason? Why? I keep on asking these questions and it just goes to show how I'm curious and intrigued with this book. It sounds so mysterious and it gives off that vibe that it's a book that looks a lot deeper and darker than it sounds.

-----

Share your WoW picks!


10 comments:

  1. These are new to me but Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King sounds amazing. I love books where people can see the future and to see a future like that?!?! What would you do?!?! Curious to see what she does.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future sounds amazing! I'm going to have to put that straight onto the pile. I saw Don't touch for the first time a few days back. I saw it was a contemporary so that killed it for me but I do hope you enjoy it. I'm guessing she has really bad OCD or possibly suffered abuse of some kind.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's A.S. King after all, so definitely on my TBR too. And for Don't Touch... why not? I think the fact that it's YA contemp gives the book more of an intrigue? I did think it was paranormal at first but what made me want to read it was because it was contemporary...

      Delete
  3. These are new to me! Great pick!

    Check out our WOW.

    Also check out our OUAT 4 year Giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of either of these but they both sound interesting. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks! I hadn’t heard of any of those, but Glory O'Brien's History of the Future it’s definitely going on my TBR list now.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. So can't wait for either, but especially Glory O'Brien's because the concept terrifies me haha. Definitely my types of books though! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm not sure how the author of Don't Touch will be able to pull it off since it's YA Contempy, but definitely intrigued with the book!

      Delete
  7. Ohh these look really good :) Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-otherwise-engaged/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, the first book sounds so interesting! Can't wait for that one
    I've never heard of the second before, but it definitely sounds intriguing. It sounds like she might an OCD. I'm always interested in books like that! Thanks for sharing.

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails