GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (142): Snow Like Ashes + Falls the Shadow

I was supposed to go with the theme "fairy tale retellings" but nope, found a more interesting book to feature.

Want to know what they are? Check them out below!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch
Release Date: October 14th 2014
Published by: Balzer + Bray
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

Why I'm waiting for Snow Like Ashes:

Aside from that kick-ass sounding title? Please read the summary again and tell me that it's not as good, intriguing, interesting and beautiful as it sounds! Just give me a copy of this book and nobody gets hurt. But seriously, the only YA book that resembles YA high fantasy which I've ever read recently was The Burning Sky, and I loved that story with all my heart. This? This is another book to watch out for. I need it! And how cool is it that a General's name is Sir. How do you call him? Sir Sir? Okay, I'm kidding, but really. I WANT THIS NOW!

Title: Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither
Release Date: September 16th 2014
Published by: Simon and Schuster BFYR
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

When Cate Benson was twelve, her sister died.

Two hours after the funeral, they picked up Violet’s replacement, and it was like nothing had ever happened. Because Cate’s parents are among those who decided to grant their children a sort of immortality—by cloning them at birth. So this new Violet has the same smile. The same laugh. That same perfect face. Thanks to advancements in mind-uploading technology, she even has all the same memories as the girl she replaced.

She also might have murdered the most popular girl in school.

Or at least, that’s what the paparazzi and crazy anti-cloning protesters want everyone to think: that clones are violent, unpredictable monsters. Cate is used to hearing all that, though. She’s used to standing up for her sister too, and she’s determined to prove her innocence now—at whatever the cost. But the deeper she digs for the truth, the further Cate's carefully-constructed life begins to unravel, unveiling a world filled with copies and lies, where nothing and no one—not even her sister— is completely what they seem.

Why I'm waiting for Falls the Shadow:

What a very, very interesting concept for a sci-fi thriller. Clones, memory uploading technology. I am deeply intrigued with how well the world building is in this story. I need to find out how it's done since it sounds like it plays a really big role in the life of the protagonist. Imagine if this exists now... wow. I have a feeling this is another debut we need to watch out for. There will be so much to discuss about this story if it's done right and I can't wait to read it!

-----

Share your WoW picks please!


11 comments:

  1. Great WoW picks Kai! these are both new to me but the sound fantastic.

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falls the Shadow sounds awesome, a bit like The Lost Girl which I loved, but with a murder aspect! Snow Like Ashes is gorgeous and looks like a great high fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picks! I love high fantasy, so Snow Like Ashes is definitely going to my to-read list. I haven't read The Burning Sky yet, but it's been on my wishlist for ages! Falls the Shadow sounds awesome as well. I love mysteries! And clones? Yes, please. <3

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I desperately want some YA High Fantasy because I sort of like YA and love high fantasy and a mix might just be perfect. SO I'm on my way to check out The Burning Sky! Snow Like Ashes sounds really good though, as does Falls the Shadow! Aah, so many good books, so little time!
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a good rest of the week!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I want to read both of these! I love those covers!!

    My WoW: http://www.pingwings.ca/waiting-on-wednesday-32/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound good! I am really excited for the first one!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Snow Like Ashes! And Falls the Shadow sound intriguing. I mean, what about clones?

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Falls for Shadows! I'm really excited for that one. It it just sounds so amazing! Great picks, thanks for sharing!

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Falls the Shadow sounds so interesting. I haven't heard of many books with clones so I'll be looking out for this one :)

    And you have the same name as Prince Kai from Cinder! That's awesome :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! How awesome is that? That's one of the reasons why I love that book. :)

      Delete
  10. Ohh I've heard of Snow like Ashes, it sounds awesome and I love the cover too :D
    Great picks and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails