GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (122): What We Lost in the Dark

Why hello readers! To my fellow Filipinos, take some time today to remember the heroes that helped our country gain our freedom 115 years ago. Maligayang araw ng Kasarinlan, Pilipinas!

I only have 1 pick, but it sounds so good I just want to highlight it all by itself.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine



Title: What We Lost in the Dark by Jacquelyn Mitchard
Release Date: December 17th 2013
Published by: Soho Teen
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Allie Kim’s fatal allergy to sunlight, XP, still confines her to the night. Now that she’s lost her best friend Juliet to an apparent suicide, the night has never felt darker—even with Rob at her side.

Allie knows why Juliet killed herself: to escape the clutches of Garrett Tabor, whom the trio saw committing an unspeakable crime. Garrett is untouchable; The Tabors founded the world-famous XP clinic that keeps Allie and Rob alive and their small Minnesota town on the map.

Allie can’t rest until Garrett is brought to justice. But her obsession jeopardizes everything she holds dear. Not even Parkour can distract her; nothing reminds her more that Juliet is gone. When Rob introduces Allie to the wildly dangerous sport of nighttime deep diving, Allie assumes he’s only trying to derail her investigation... until they uncover the horror terrible secret Garrett Tabor has hidden under Lake Superior.

Why I'm waiting for What We Lost in the Dark:

You know that feeling you get when you read something so intriguing you just feel in your very bones that it's going to be a good read? And then you find yourself seriously wishing that it's the release date so you can get your hands on a copy? That's what I felt when I read the summary for this. It's so tantalizingly mysterious and I can just imagine what horrifying things this Garrett hide under Lake Superior.

-----

What are your WoW picks? Leave me a link so I can visit and leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the first book so I'm thrilled to be seeing the sequel coming so soon-dying to know what comes next! And is this a duology or a trilogy?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails