GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (99): The Different Girl + The Haven

Hello!

I'm doing this really really fast, and I can't say much about the books we're featuring today except that they're both making me want change years from 2012 to 2013! I need both these books!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist
Release Date: February 1st 2013
Published by: Dutton Juvenile
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Four nearly identical girls on a desert island. An unexpected new arrival. A gently warped near future where nothing is quite as it seems.

Veronika. Caroline. Isobel. Eleanor. One blond, one brunette, one redhead, one with hair black as tar. Four otherwise identical girls who spend their days in sync, tasked to learn. But when May, a very different kind of girl—the lone survivor of a recent shipwreck—suddenly and mysteriously arrives on the island, an unsettling mirror is about to be held up to the life the girls have never before questioned.

Sly and unsettling, Gordon Dahlquist’s timeless and evocative storytelling blurs the lines between contemporary and sci-fi with a story that is sure to linger in readers’ minds long after the final page has been turned.

Why I'm waiting for The Different Girl:

This book had me at "blurs the line between contemporary and sci-fi". I am very curious to know how the author's gonna do just that. Aren't you? It sounds intriguing and I'm not really sure if it can be classified just as one (contemp or sci-fi) or both. This book sounds really mysterious, makes me anticipate its release so much!

Title: The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams
Release Date: April 16th 2013
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.

But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?

Why I'm waiting for The Haven:

I'm a big fan of Carol Lynch Williams' contemporary YA novels, so when I found out that she's writing a dystopian novel, I know I gotta have this!

P.S. It might just be me but the font looks a wee bit like the ones used in Cassie Clare's books.

-----

Share your WoWs please!

4 comments:

  1. i really liked waiting by carol lynch williams

    hope u get them soon

    i\m a bit bored by dystopias

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Haven too! I hope I like it as much as I did 'Waiting'.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get a chance to read The Haven. I have it on my to-read list and I can't wait for it to come out. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sounds so good. I added them both to my TBR. Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3556

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails