GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (95): Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things & Creepy and Maud!

Wow. How long has it been since I last posted a WoW? I've been trying to get into a reading and reviewing groove ever since I got sick. And hey, we're back!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things by Kathryn Burak
Release Date: September 2012
Published by: Macmillan
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Claire has been through so much that she’s pared her life down to one goal–to get out of high school (finally)–until the night she wanders into Emily Dickinson’s house and finds everything suddenly changing.

Claire, new to Amherst and desperate to get out of high school, vows she’ll try to be invisible. She retreats deep into thee poetry of Emily Dickinson to help her understand her mother’s suicide and best friend’s disappearance, until one night, when she finds herself running through the woods in the poet’s dress. The next morning she starts a different life, one with totally new complications.

Why I'm waiting for Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things:

Isn't the summary interesting? I love how mysterious it sounds. I have to admit I don't know much about Emily Dickinson, so it's a big part of why I'm interested in reading this book. Plus I think the cover is gorgeous!

Title: Creepy and Maud by Dianne Touchell
Release Date: October 2012
Published by: Fremantle Press
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!

Summary (from Goodreads):

Hilarious and heartbreaking, Creepy & Maud charts the relationship between two social misfits, played out in the space between their windows.

Creepy is a boy who watches from the shadows keenly observing and caustically commentating on human folly.

Maud is less certain. A confused girl with a condition that embarrasses her parents and assures her isolation.

Together Creepy and Maud discover something outside their own vulnerability — each other’s. But life is arbitrary; and loving someone doesn’t mean you can save them.

Creepy & Maud is a blackly funny and moving first novel that says; ‘You’re ok to be as screwed up as you think you are and you’re not alone in that.’

Why I'm waiting for Creepy and Maud:

I have very little resistance when it comes to Australian YA contemporary books, and this one is no exception. It got me with "hilarious and heartbreaking". And it's blackly funny. What is that? I have a feeling this book will make me love Australian authors just a little bit more.

-----

Share your WoW picks this week please!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What amazing picks.
    Thanks so much i am putting them on my to read list.
    Emily's Dress looks really interesting :-)

    -Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, I love the inclusion of Emily Dickinson. I haven't read much of her poetry but this looks like an intriguing way to bring her into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily's dress is on my list! I'm loving that cover! And adding Creepy and Maud to my TBR as well. :) I haven't read much Australian contemporary, but I've heard greaaat things. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Creepy and Maud. So excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you love Emily's Dress! Can't wait for you to read it.
    Kate Burak

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails