GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (76)

I'm on a reading slump. There, I said it. It doesn't help that I'm on a deadline and I've already missed reading books/reviewing for 5 books that have been released this past two weeks. Help?

Anyway, here are the books we are waiting for this week!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: No Safety In Numbers by Dayna Lorentz
Release Date: May 29th 2012
Published by: Dial
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Life As We Knew It meets Lord of the Flies in a mall that looks just like yours


A biological bomb has just been discovered in the air ducts of a busy suburban mall. At first nobody knows if it's even life threatening, but then the entire complex is quarantined, people start getting sick, supplies start running low, and there's no way out. Among the hundreds of trapped shoppers are four teens.
These four different narrators, each with their own stories, must cope in unique, surprising styles, changing in ways they wouldn't have predicted, trying to find solace, safety, and escape at a time when the adults are behaving badly.
This is a gripping look at people and how they can—and must—change under the most dire of circumstances.
And not always for the better.

Why I'm waiting for No Safety In Numbers:

This is probably the only thing I do not want to happen when I go to the mall. It reminds me of that one Warehouse 13 episode when they were trapped inside the store and people just started dying. No Safety In Numbers just sounds scary. Multiple POVs are always tricky to write, and I hope it works in this novel! And if it's anything close to Life As We Knew It and Lord of the Flies, then I'm sure it will be good.

Title: Lost Girls by Ann Kelley
Release Date: July 10th 2012
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

No parents. No rules. No way home.
Fourteen-year-old Bonnie MacDonald couldn't be more excited for a camping trip on an island off the coast of Thailand with her fellow Amelia Earhart Cadets-the daughters of the men and women stationed there during the Vietnam War. But when a strong current deposits the girls on what their boatman calls the "forbidden island," things take a turn for the worse: A powerful storm comes to destroy their campsite, the smallest of the junior cadets is found dead, and their boatman never returns. What once seemed like a vacation in paradise has become a battle against the elements.
Peppered with short, frantic entries from Bonnie's journal, Lost Girls is a page-turning, heart-pounding adventure story about a group of teen girls fighting for their lives.

Why I'm waiting for Lost Girls:

Okay, now this book sounds more like Lord of the Flies, but with girls. How scary can it be for a fourteen year old girl, let alone a bunch of them to be trapped in an island during a storm? Is there some reason why they were left in the Forbidden Island? And why is it called like that? I can only imagine how heart pounding the story will be. I'm terribly excited for this book! And it comes out on my birthday too.

-----

So what are your WoW picks for this week? Share them please!

20 comments:

  1. Aww, don't worry about the reading slump. Soon you'll be wanting to read again. Maybe start with a book that you're dying to read and ignore these review books at the moment. Too much pressure probably won't make you want to read again.

    I haven't heard of either book before, but they definitely sound awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Picks, They sounds like amazing books
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of those sound awesometastical!!

    Great picks!

    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sound really interesting and are going on my TBR list! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Lia

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look seriously intense. Nice. Please check out my WoW. Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for stopping by my Wow post!!! you're right The Childe is Free on kindle right now (thats partly why I did my WoW on Dark Days this week! You should definitely check out this series its really good here is the link if you want to go get the childe while its free http://www.amazon.com/Childe-1-ebook/dp/B004SOZC16/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1326864406&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! I haven't heard of either of these yet but definitely adding them to my list. They both sound really good, thanks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooooo looking forward to these two. In fact, I picked No Safety In Numbers for my next Waiting on Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every week you give me more books to add to my wishlist! I'd never heard of these before now but I'm definitely intrigued by their synopsis'. Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sooo want to read Lost Girls! I love the idea, despite that it's likely terrifying. Imagine being trapped on an island? A 'forbidden island' where you'll end up fighting for your life... *shudder* Scary! Ooh and No Safety in Numbers souns just as brilliant. I LOVE these kind of books, so fab picks Kai! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Safety In Numbers is going to make me want to avoid the mall. Oh no! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting choices, will look into both. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really excited for Lost Girls. And Safety in Numbers sounds intense I love the premise! Awesome picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO SAFETY IN NUMBERS looks really great! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm gonna add it to my to-read list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lost Girls seems more like my type of read. No safety in numbers seems more like a science fiction novel, which I'm not too fond of.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I haven't heard of either of these. I am definitely going to check them out now. Both sound fascinating. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure - Giveaway)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails