GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Thursday, December 15, 2011

[Teen Book Scene] Existence by Abbi Glines Interview

Today is my stop on this fab tour! I have the author, Abbi Glines on the blog today for a short interview!


Why write about Death?

I've always loved books that personify death. Instead of it being an event I like it when it gets more personal. Like Dank says in the book:

“It’s pretty impossible to hurt what Death protects.”

If Existence is to be made into a movie, whose your pick to play Pagan and Death?


Jennifer Lawrence as Pagan
and
Josh Hartnett as Death (Dank)

Can you tell us something about Existence cover? Is it the way you imagined it to be or would you want to change it? If you do, then what kind of changes will you make?

Existence cover is better than anything I could have imagined. When I found the cover artist who created it, Stephanie Mooney, and gave her a few suggestions I never expected to be blown away. I knew the eyes were important for the cover and I told her that and wow did she deliver. I wouldn't do anything differently. She nailed the cover. Completely.

If you knew your time on Earth is about to come to an end, what will you do?

I'd go sky diving, rocky mountain climbing, two point seven seconds on a bull.. Oh wait that's a country song. Um… what would I do? Take a trip to Ireland with my family. I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I think a long family vacation would be perfect.

Do you have any quirks or habits you have developed while writing?

Yes I talk out loud to my characters and unlike Pagan I don't have the excuse of talking to a soul no one else can see. I am literally talking to myself. I also eat mass amounts of Twizzlers.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I read A LOT. Like a book a day most of the time. I also plan Disney World trips. We go yearly and we would go more if I could convince my husband of this idea. But he limits me to once a year so I obsess over the planning of the trip instead.

-----

Great choices for the cast! I know we're all looking forward to seeing Jennifer Lawrence next year as Katniss, but I'm pretty sure she can also pull off Pagan if Existence becomes a movie! Thanks Abbi!

Existence by Abbi Glines

What happens when you are stalked by Death? You fall in love with him of course. Pagan Moore doesn’t cheat Death, instead, she falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore, has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn’t let them know she could see them, they left her alone. Until she steps out of her car on the first day of school and sees an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead. Not only does he not go away, when she ignores him he does something none of the others have ever done; he speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What Pagan doesn’t realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul. He is Death and he is about to break all the rules.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails