GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The list: 2012 Most Anticipated books!

I don't know if you've noticed it, but I never make lists. In my almost 2 years of blogging I never wrote a best of post because it's hard choosing books for the list. I was never good at making lists.


For this post, I tried. Really. Have I told you how much of a challenge this is because I already have 502 books on my anticipated 2012 releases and I had to trim it down to 12. 12 books for 2012!

Anyway, check out which books I'm willing to trade my soul for next year. Feel free to ask me for a trade. :)

Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock
Releases May 8th 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Hemlock?

Because it just sounds awesome. If you think turning into vampires were the in thing for 2011, then turning into werewolves will be the fad come 2012. Plus, I'm pretty much intrigued why the title was Hemlock. Does it being the name of the town AND the name of a poisonous flower have significance? Coincidence? And that is such a gorgeous cover!

Shadow & Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Releases June 5th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Shadow & Bone:

The placeholder cover is already enough to make me pace inside my room and count the days until it releases. It's a story inspired by Tsarist Russia and it's about a place called the Fold and fighting the monsters in the dark who eats human flesh. Now if that isn't interesting, I don't know what is.

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Releases April 24th 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Masque of the Red Death?

Aside from having the same name as the great (and scary) Edgar Allan Poe work, this one sounds very unique on its own. Somehow it reminds me a little of Marianne de Pierres' Burn Bright too.

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Release April 24th 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Immortal Rules?

Because I worship The Iron Fey series, and this one just sounds wonderful. I am terribly curious for this book. I'm a fan girl eagerly waiting for any other book she'll release in the future and this one just sounds brilliant!

Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
June 5th 2012 by Atheneum
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Shadows Cast By Stars?

Blood becoming a valuable commodity? Harvesting blood? The spirit world? Yes, give me this book please! It sounds all kinds of good and this book has been on my list for months! How much longer do we need to wait?

Touched by Cyn Balog
Releases August 14th 2012 by Delacorte Press
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Touched?

Goodness me, did you see how gorgeous the cover is? I loved Cyn's books and I'll read anything she writes! This sounds a bit different from the books she has written in the past and I'm looking forward to it! What if you can chance the future?

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass
Releases April 24th 2012 by HarperTeen
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why The Selection?

2012 books are killing me in anticipation, especially those with gorgeous covers like this! It's like The Bachelor for girls in a dystopian setting. I want! I want! I want!

False Memory by Dan Krokos
Releases August 14th 2012 by Hyperion
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why False Memory?

An elite genetically altered army of teens with unmatched skills. A girl who can't remember anything.
Intriguing? Yes!
Want to read it? Yes! Yes! Yes!

When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
Releases February 28th 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why When the Sea is Rising Red?

Death, Magic and Vampires. Now I say that is one deadly combination! Judging by the rave reviews I've been seeing *envy* *envy* this is a novel to look forward to, and it does sound like it too!

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long
Releases August 16th 2012 by Penguin Group USA, Inc
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why The Treachery of Beautiful Things?

Well that summary surely made me feel wary of trees. A guy with mercurial mood swings, and faeries! I think I've come to love a lot of faerie themed books especially because I've read a lot of good ones this year, and this one just sounds fab.

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Releases May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why Sweet Evil?

Fallen Angels! Did I mention I love Angel themed books as well? Plus I share the same name with the main male lead, and I'm always interested in reading about book characters who share the same name as me.

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Releases June 12th 2012 by Balzer + Bray
Add to your Goodreads 2012 list!

Why For Darkness Shows the Stars?

A genetic experiment gone wrong, nobilities, and a novel inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion. Perfect combination! I loved Diana's Killer Unicorns series and this one sounds like another great book from her!

Thoughts? I'll also be posting 2012 sequels I'm looking forward to, so watch out for that! Share your 2012 list if you have them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails