GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (70)

I'm on a holiday! It kind of feels like the weekend today, but hey! at least I get to rest mid-week.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl
Release Date: June 14th 2012
Published by: Viking Childrens Books
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Seventeen-year-old Althea is the sole support of her widowed mother, young half-brother, and two stepsisters—and she must maintain Crawley Hall. Althea, in short, must marry well. But there are few wealthy suitors—or suitors of any kind—in their small Yorkshire town of Lesser Hoo. Then Lord Boring comes to stay with his aunt and uncle. Althea sets her cap to become Lady Boring. There’s only one problem; his friend and business manager Mr. Fredericks keeps getting in the way. And, as it turns out, Fredericks has set his own cap.

Why I'm waiting for Keeping the Castle:

Because it sounds romantic? I love me a little Young Adult historical fiction with a dash of romance and this book just sounds like a book that I'd love to read. And who would want to become someone named Lady Boring? Mr. Fredericks sounds like an infuriating guy (Mr. Darcy, is that you?) but I'm really looking forward to this. It's been so long since I've last read any historical YA, so I'm really looking forward to this. Plus the cover looks fantastic!

Title: Dark Warning by Marie Louise Fitzpatrick
Release Date: January 5th 2012
Published by: Orion Childrens
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Ever since Taney was four she's known she could see things before they happened. She also knows that she must keep her gift a secret - at all costs. Teased and isolated by the local children for being strange, as Taney grows older, she has more and more questions. Why is her father so terrified of her gift? What happened to her mother? Then she meets the mysterious Billy, an outsider just as she is. Charming and attentive, Billy is the first person with whom Taney can simply be herself; with whom she can share her strange burden, and begin, instead, to feel proud of her ability. But then the visions come - lone girls attacked as they walk home at night. And as Billy begins to withdraw further into himself, Taney must ask herself who to trust - her only friend, or the visions that torment her dreams...

Why I'm waiting for Dark Warning:

This reminds me a little bit of Laura Cassidy's Angel Kiss. And look at that cover! It's so gorgeous. I'm not sure if this is MG or YA, but I think it is YA. I love how mysterious the plot sounds. Looks like this one is going to be a thrilling read!

-----

So what books are you waiting for this week? Share your links!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails