GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (68) Darkness Before Dawn + Fall from Grace

Ufufufu. Another busy week for me! How are you guys? I'm in anime/manga land these days, so I'm fairly distracted and it's hard to read books. But I'll be back!

So here are our picks for this week:

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
Release Date: May 29th 2012
Published by: HarperTeen
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

Why I'm waiting for Darkness Before Dawn:

This strangely reminds me of Priest and Dance In The Vampire Bund. Walled cities, vampires controlling the humans, vampire politics?! My fascination for anything vampire themed (except for the Twilight series) never ends, I guess, so this naturally piques my interest. There've been a lot of stories about these fanged creatures that I'm always happy when I find a story that re-invents them in a unique way. Sounds very interesting too. Blood as a commodity? Someone send this my way please!

Title: Fall from Grace by Charles Benoit
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Published by: HarperTeen
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Grace always has a plan. There’s her plan to get famous, her plan to get rich, and—above all—her plan to have fun.

Sawyer has plenty of plans too. Plans made for him by his mother, his father, his girlfriend. Maybe they aren’t his plans, but they are plans.

When Sawyer meets Grace, he wonders if he should come up with a few plans himself. Plans about what he actually wants to be, plans to speak his own mind for a change, plans to maybe help Grace with a little art theft.

Wait a minute—plans to what?

Why I'm waiting for Fall from Grace:

A heist! Isn't it fun reading books where the roles seem reversed? It's always about bad boys, but what if its a bad girl tempting the good guy? Sawyer sounds like a straight-laced boy and Grace sounds like a troublemaker. I rarely come across books like this, so it's always fun to read something like it.

-----

Share your WoWs this week!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Darkness Before Dawn. It is pretty and haunting. The book sounds good. Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW have I not seen Darkness Before Dawn before? That cover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails