GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (63)

Hey everyone! It's a pretty slow week for me. I've been sick half the time. *sigh* Unpredictable weather is a no-no for me.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
Release Date: June 12, 2012
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Four girls. One magical, and possibly dangerous Italian summer. Family mysteries, ancient castles, long hot nights of dancing under the stars . . . and, of course, plenty of gorgeous Italian boys!

Why I'm waiting for Flirting in Italian:

I haven't read any books by Lauren Henderson, but I've heard quite a lot of good things about her writing. Obviously, I'm a big fan of any book set in a European country, and this book is a perfect fit. I think the mention of the gorgeous Italian boys is what sold this book to me. What do you think? I'm definitely intrigued!

Title: Dreamsleeves by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
Release Date: April 1st 2012
Published by: Scholastic Press
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

A powerful, radiant story about a girl who wears her dreams on her sleeve . . .

Aislinn is a girl with a lot of dreams, but due to family issues (caused mostly by her hard-drinking father), there's a lot standing in her way. While she should be enjoying the summer with friends, Aislinn is kept under lock and key and put in charge of her younger siblings. The average girl might give up, but not Aislinn. A person, she says, should write their dreams on their sleeve, putting them out there for the world to see, because there's a good chance that someone might come along and help you make your dream come true. What begins as a plea for help for her father to stop drinking, turns into a spark that has the whole community making their own dreamsleeves. At times heartbreaking, DREAMSLEEVES is also surprising, powerful, and luminously hopeful. Everyone will see a little of themselves in Aislinn, a girl with talent, ambition, and big dreams.

Why I'm waiting for Dreamsleeves:

Aislinn is a lovely name. This sounds like an emotional, powerful novel. Books with summaries like this is the reason why I love the YA contemporary genre. I love the part where it says "A person should write their dreams on their sleeve, putting them out there for the world to see, because there's a good chance that someone might come along and help you make your dream come true." It sounds very inspiring. I have a feeling people will get teary eyed when they read this.

-----

Share your WoW links please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails