GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (61) 2012 Contemps!

Heya! How is your week? It's been a crazy week here. It's still crazy. I hope you guys are safe.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Published by: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what's next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they're going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you're sorry.

Why I'm waiting for First Comes Love:

I think the name Gray sounds fantastic. Unique. And this sounds like an intense book filled with a lesson or two about love. I like Katie's first book, Awaken, is a good novel and I am willing to give this one a try. Contemporary books are my cup of tea these days and this one sounds like one that I will immensely enjoy.

Title: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
Release Date: January 24th 2012
Published by: Candlewick Press
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Seventeen-year-old Sadie is in love: epic, heartfelt, and utterly one-sided. The object of her obsession — ahem, affection — is her best friend,Garrett Delaney, who has been oblivious to Sadie’s feelings ever since he sauntered into her life and wowed her with his passion for Proust (not to mention his deep blue eyes).

For two long, painful years, Sadie has been Garrett’s constant companion, sharing his taste in everything from tragic Russian literature to art films to ’80s indie rock — all to no avail. But when Garrett leaves for a summer literary retreat, Sadie is sure that the absence will make his heart grow fonder — until he calls to say he’s fallen in love. With some other girl! A heartbroken Sadie realizes that she’s finally had enough. It’s time for a total Garrett detox!

Aided by a barista job, an eclectic crew of new friends (including the hunky chef, Josh), and a customized self-help guide, Sadie embarks on a summer of personal reinvention full of laughter, mortifying meltdowns, and a double shot of love.

Why I'm waiting for Getting Over Garrett Delaney:

So how do you get over someone? I know it's never easy, and this one sounds a bit fun and maybe a bit hilarious! This sounds like a novel I'd read. I can relate to it really well, and I can tell that this one is going to be an enjoyable read.

-----

Share your WoWs this week please!

11 comments:

  1. I love your choice of both books!
    The first one sounds like an epic love story and I'm very intrigued.
    The second one I'd pick right off the shelf cos it sounds so awesome and fun and yeah, I want to read a book where the MC is trying to get over someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really fun. Definitely like something I would like! :) Great picks.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting over Garrett Delaney sounds hilarious!! Great WoW.
    Clean Teen Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of both of them! I think it's time I started reading contemporary fiction.

    Thank god there's an add to goodreads shelf choice :P

    Feel free to check out my WOW and giveaway(s)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of either of these two books, but both are going on my wishlist! Thanks for posting about them!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOWWW!! First Comes Love sounds fab!!!!!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    Zompacolypse is coming. Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love YA Contemporary books! Thanks so much for highlighting these. I had never heard of the second book, will definitely add it to my TBR pile. New follower too! :)

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. two fantastic picks this week!!

    If you have a moment come see what books we picked this week... Crazy Book Slut

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of either of these, thanks for introducing me to them =)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails