GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (58)

My right index finger is killing me. I hate skin infections... *sigh*

Anyway, here are the books we're waiting for this week! Can you guess the theme of this week's WoW? Yep, there's a theme :) It's been a while since we tried choosing books to showcase that has something in common with each other.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Release Date: May 22nd 2012
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.

What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.

Why I'm waiting for Of Poseidon:

Goodness gracious, that cover is just beautiful! I am easily attracted to books with fantastic covers and Of Poseidon definitely has one of the best covers among the upcoming 2012 releases! But of course the story is something worth looking at as well. A girl who can communicate with... fishes? Now that's a cool power! I keep on thinking about The Little Mermaid while I was reading though. I wonder why?

Title: Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar
Release Date: February 2012
Published by: Penguin Books Australia
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

For Abbie, the ocean is a refuge and the only place she feels in touch with her wilder, truer self. But when her step-cousin Kane returns from a surf trip with something to conceal, she learns that what the sea wants, the sea shall have …

Why I'm waiting for Night Beach:

I think the line "What the sea wants, the sea shall have..." was what made me want to read this. It sounds frightening and very intriguing at the same time. I haven't read any of Kirsty Eagar's books, although Raw Blue and Saltwater Vampires are on my list, but I am definitely going to keep my eye on this release. And if I may quote Kirsty, it's got surfing in it, and it’s about a girl called Abbie and a guy called Kane. Great names. And I wonder what the "Sea" wants from both of them.

-----

So what are you waiting for this week? I'd love to know what your picks are! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails