GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (56)

Okay, the headache's back in full force. I've had it since last night and I don't think it'll go away anytime soon. Plus twitter's been crazy because of Jackson Pearce's Sweetly release party! Did you guys participate? It's so fun!!!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: New Girl by Paige Harbison
Release Date: January 31st 2012
Published by: Harlequin
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

WHY DID A SPOT OPEN UP AT MANDERLEY ACADEMY?

I hadn't wanted to go, but my parents were so excited…. So here I am, the new girl at Manderley, a true fish out of water. But mine's not the name on everyone's lips. Oh, no.

It's Becca Normandy they can't stop talking about. Perfect, beautiful Becca. She went missing at the end of last year, leaving a spot open at Manderley-the spot that I got. And everyone acts like it's my fault that infallible, beloved Becca is gone and has been replaced by not perfect, completely fallible, unknown Me.

Then, there's the name on my lips-Max Holloway. Becca's ex. The one boy I should avoid, but can't. Thing is, it seems like he wants me, too. But the memory of Becca is always between us. And as much I'm starting to like it at Manderley, I can't help but think she's out there, somewhere, watching me take her place.

Waiting to take it back.

Why I'm waiting for New Girl:

Because! I loved Paige Harbison's debut, Here Lies Bridget, and this sounds hauntingly good. And scary. I have a feeling this is about ghosts. Or something equally terrifying. Something to do with water. Swimming? Sports? She was drowned? But you never know, since it's high school and this looks like a book filled with betrayals, fake friendships and all the drama high school can get. And it has such a fabulous cover! I hope they don't change it.

Title: The List by Siobhan Vivian
Release Date: April 2012
Published by: Push
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

An intense look at the rules of high school attraction-and the price that's paid for them.

It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn't matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.

This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, "pretty" and "ugly." And it's also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.

Why I'm waiting for The List:

Okay, this just sounds interesting. Seriously. It sounds really mean, but you have to admit that in high school this happens. Not putting up a list, but there's always either a ruling group of pretty, popular rich kids or like in this case, the most popular girl and one who everyone thinks is weird, or worse, ugly. It sounds like a very profound read, something we can all relate to.

-----

So what are you waiting for this week? Share your WoW links please!

16 comments:

  1. Great pick, Kai, this one definitely sounds interesting. It reminds me of Imaginary Girls for some reason...

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. "New Girl" sounds amazing. I went straight to goodreads and put it on my TBR! LOL! Nice pick!

    New Follower!

    I just wanted to hop through and say thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Great picks, both sound like great books and I am adding them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooow!! Both of those sound great!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey!! i follow your blog! :) Great pick! (my puppy's name is Kai! lol)

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and let me know what you think of mine! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier it one of my all time favourite books and this sounds like an interetsing adaption of it

    My Wow

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of both of these! Especially new Girl - never heard of it before this post, but it sounds great. Awesome picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like interesting books. Thanks for commenting on my blog. =]
    -Michael
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...I really like the sound of that first one. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these sound good. The first one seems creepy, which I like. Really good choices this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo, this is the first I've heard of New Girl---adding this one to my wishlist for sure! It sounds eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Girl sounds especially interesting to me. You may be right!

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read Here Lies Bridget, but New Girl sounds mysterious and kinda creepy... I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks - they both sound GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails