GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (52) The Aussie Edition Part 2

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in 3 days, been a bit busy with work and I'm sick. How's your week so far?

I'm gonna go shine a spotlight once more to some upcoming Aussie releases!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Mammon by J.B Thomas
Release Date: September 1st 2011
Published by: Random House Australia
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Forget anything you ever heard about possession, exorcisms, salt circles and pentagrams. The modern demon is far more difficult to catch - and even harder to destroy.

After the savage, tragic deaths of their parents, Grace and Joe Callahan learn that they they are descendants of the sarsareh - an ancient order of mercenaries who hunt very special prey. Grace and Joe take their place in the Order, but are treated with hostility and fear by other recruits.

For the Callahan siblings have powers that fascinate and terrify.

Joe is a Ferryman, capable of opening dimensional rifts, while Grace's telepathic abilities surpass anything the Order has ever seen.

To complicate matters, Grace falls for her older, more experienced squad leader, Ivan. Meanwhile, the sarsareh elders have their own plans for Joe.

But none of that will matter if the powerful demon Mammon manages to convince Joe to open a gateway to his demon world and overrun Earth with his armies.

If he succeeds: game over.

Why I'm waiting for Mammon:

Honestly? I'm not even aware of this book until an awesome Aussie blogger friend told me. *waves at Brodie* If you can see the cover image and what was written there, it was enough to give me the chills. So Demons are portrayed as something else in this book. Sign me up and I'll read it now!

Title: Whisper by Chrissie Keighery (Perry)
Release Date: August 2011
Published by: Hardie Grant Egmont
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

I'm always trying to figure out what's really going on. Always having to fill in the gaps, but never getting all the details. It's like trying to do a jigsaw when I don't even know what the picture is, and I'm missing one of the vital middle pieces.

How do you know if your friends are talking about you behind your back or if a boy likes you? They could act innocent, but you'd know from the rumours. You'd hear the whispers. But what if you couldn't hear those whispers anymore? What if everything you took for granted was gone? Being a teenager is hard enough.

But being a deaf teenager?

Why I'm waiting for Whisper:

The plot somehow reminds me of Switched at Birth's Daphne, a deaf teenage girl struggling to fit in in a world filled with hearing people who do not really understand her. And I loved Daphne. I've seen reviews for Chrissie's other book, Outside In (which I also want to read!) and it sounds like she's a great Aussie contemp author to watch out for!

Title: Angel Arias (Night Creatures #2) by Marianne de Pierres
Release Date: October 3rd 2011
Published by: Random House Australia
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

In the sequel to Burn Bright, Naif is caught in the unrest on the island owned by the pirate, Ruzalia. To stop Ruzalia harming the rebels, and to uncover more answers to the mysteries of Ixion, she has to return to Grave. There she confronts her domineering father and the sinister Grave Elders.

Why I'm waiting for Angel Arias:

Anyone who has read Burn Bright (like me) is eagerly anticipating this sequel! I am dying to know what happens to Naif afterwards, and if she'll ever see Lenoir again. And of course, because Marianne de Pierres is a genius and will get you addicted to any book she has written.

-----

So what are the books you are waiting for this week? Share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails