GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (51)

This has been such a crazy week for me. I've read 4 books in 2 days, and believe me that is quite a feat. And all this craziness w/ my work laptop... glad it's over. Almost. :)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten
Release Date: December 27th 2011
Published by: HarperCollins Canada
Want? Add this to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

When her boyfriend breaks up with her on the first day of sophomore year, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life. Enter three stunning girls with a magical offer Lucy can’t refuse. All she has to do is get a guy to fall in love with her in the next seven days, and then…break his heart and collect one of his brokenhearted tears. As the girls teach Lucy how to hook a guy (with the help of a little magic), she quickly discovers how far she is willing to go—and who she is willing to cross—to get what she wants.

Fans of Lauren Myracle, Jodi Lynn Anderson, and Meg Cabot will love this tale of breakups, friendship, new crushes, and magic. Told with wit and charm, The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers is sure to be one of this winter’s most irresistible reads!

Why I'm waiting for The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers:

I saw a few people got ARCs of this book from ALA, and I had no idea this book exists until I saw it on those posts. I have to say I'm intrigued with the plot. I keep thinking of The Furies when I read anything about three girls these days (Stracrossed hangover), but it sounds a bit like the Korean Drama 49 Days (the girl had to collect tears from 3 people) and the Tear Collector.

Title: Shift by Em Bailey
Release Date: September 2011
Published by: Hardie Grant Egmont
Want? Add to your Goodreads shelf!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Olive Corbett is definitely NOT crazy.

Not anymore. These days she takes her meds like a good girl, hangs out with her best friend Ami, and stays the hell away from the toxic girls she used to be friends with.

She doesn’t need a boyfriend. Especially not a lifesaver-type with a nice smile. And she doesn’t need the drama of that creepy new girl Miranda, who has somehow latched on to Olive's ex-best friend.

Yet from a distance, Olive can see there's something sinister about the new friendship. Something almost... parasitic. Maybe the wild rumours ARE true. Maybe Miranda is a killer.

But who would believe Olive? She does have a habit of letting her imagination run away with her…

Why I'm waiting for Shifting:

That is one freaky cover. This book reminds me a little bit of Choker. I'm a bit skeptic with books dealing with teens going crazy (the ones I read had characters I can't connect to most of the time) but this one sounds like it's not just about "being crazy" but also about friendship (though sinister sounding) and, well, romance. Don't you just like having those two elements in a novel?

-----

So what are you waiting for this week? Please share your WoWs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails