GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

I swear the rapid changes in the weather is going to kill me. Last week it felt like Summer, now it's raining almost everyday and the weather is gloomy. Wow. *sniff*

And here are my picks this week:

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Title: Girls Don't Fly by Kristen Chandler
Release Date: October 13th 2011
Published by: Viking Juvenile
Summary (from Goodreads):

Myra is used to keeping her feet firmly on the ground. She's got four younger brothers, overworked parents, and a pregnant older sister, and if Myra wasn't there to take care of everyone, they'd probably fall apart. But when her boyfriend unceremoniously dumps her, Myra feels like she's lost her footing. Suddenly she's doing things she never would've a few months earlier: quitting her job, applying for a scholarship to study birds in the Galapogos, and falling for a guy who's encouraging her to leap from her old life . . . and fly.

Set in the Salt Lake City area, Girls Don't Fly is full of intelligence, humor, and is a refreshing change of pace for teen readers.
Why I'm waiting for Girls Don't Fly:

I know this is a book I'm gonna love the first time I've read the summary. A good girl who's been taking care of everyone else, hasn't had time for herself, and is suddenly given an opportunity to let loose and do something for her own. I just hope this guy is encouraging her for the better. Girls Don't Fly just moved up on my contemporary novel to read list.


Title: A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy by Erin Downing
Release Date: June 14th 2011
Published by: Simon Pulse
Summary (from Goodreads):

Three girls. Three adventures. Three chances at love.

In Dancing Queen Olivia can’t believe it when she lands an internship at a hot music television station in London! But she really has to pinch herself when she captures the heart of a mega pop star. Is he the right one for her?

In Prom Crashers Emily has lost the number of the cutest guy she’s met in ages. All she knows is his first name and that he’s going to a prom. So she throws on a dress, hails a limo—and crashes every prom in town on her search for love!

In Drive Me Crazy Kate’s not happy when hot-but-he-knows-it Adam crashes her all-girls road trip. But it’s a long way to the lake house, and love sometimes takes an unexpected turn....

From the first look to the final kiss, three stories to fall in love with.
Why I'm waiting for A Funny Thing About Love:

This book reminds me of Terra Elan McVoy's The Summer of Firsts and Lasts, which I loved so much. Three different stories in one book, all about finding love in different ways. All three stories are very different from each other, but all has interesting plots.


Title: Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Release Date: November 15th 2011
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Summary (from Goodreads):

‘If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.’

Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.

When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going California.

Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanor and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.

Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.
Why I'm waiting for Saving June:

I've been loving ALL of Harlequin Teen's releases lately, and this one isn't an exception. It has the same vibe as Elizabeth Scott's Between Here and Forever. I've recently been dealing with family loss as well, so there isn't a better time to read this book than now. And I can't imagine how the parents can split up Harper's sister's ashes! Add a bad boy whose keeping a secret and good music to the mix and we have a good book in our hands. So excited to read this one! Anyone's got an ARC they can lend me? ^^

P.S. I thought the release date was pushed back to December? I've read a tweet from HQN Teen before. Or is November the official US release date? I'm a bit confused.

-----

Share your WoWs this week please? Would love to discover new books!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails