GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (39)

This week is crazy, and it's only Tuesday! I got a new bookshelf, and then we have this awesome event called DYSTOPIAN DOMINATION. We currently have 5 contests ongoing, where you can win A PRE-ORDER of JEFF HIRSCH's THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE (blurbed by Suzanne Collins & edited by David Levithan), 2 ARCs of Emma Newman's 20 YEARS LATER, A SIGNED ARC OF Jeyn Roberts' DARK INSIDE, A DARK PARTIES LATTE MUG from Sara Grant and A SIGNED FINISHED COPY OF ELANA JOHNSON'S POSSESSION!

Did I mention that ALL 5 CONTESTS are OPEN INTERNATIONALLY? How cool is that? Join now!!! :)

Later today I'll be giving away a finished copy of this book I'm posting a teaser of, so watch out for it. It's still a part of our Dystopian Domination event!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"Hi", she said, putting on a bright smile for all she was worth. "I'm Laura."
"Hi," he said in a voice as timid as anyone would have imagined. "I don't have a name anymore."
"What? What do you mean?"
"My real parents have it. They took it. They took everything about me with them."

~p. 59, "Those That Wake" by Jesse Karp

Intriguing, huh? I thought so too. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the story and I'm still a bit confused, but I'm hoping it gets better as I read on. :)

Share your teasers for today, please!

13 comments:

  1. It sounds sad! But oh I think I'm going to like this.. Happy reading! :) I haven't done a Teaser in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really intriguing. Parents can take away your name? If my parents did that to me, I'm gonna die.
    Ivan Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so heartbreaking! i can't imagine myself being in that position or even saying that. thanks for sharing this. this is the first that i've heard of this book... gonna go and check it out now.

    here's mine: http://bookcomfort.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that does sound intriguing! Hope you enjoy the book :) Great teaser!!

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/05/tt8-lord-of-flies.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got this from NetGalley. It sounds really interesting!

    Check out mine:http://girlaboutbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-21-daimon.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfull teaser!

    Have a great day
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thats a very powerful and intriguing teaser!

    My teaser this week comes from one of my favourite authors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sound really intriguing!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday from Willow by Jennifer Hoban. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an intriguing teaser! Here is mine: http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-may-17-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so awesome! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds sad..

    My TT for this week is Savor the Danger by Lori Foster. http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails