GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (39)

And the books are starting to come in! :) Mom just called and told me I got one. It's officially shelfless (is there such a word?) Poor book...

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Anyway, here are my WoW picks this week:

Title: The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills by Joanna Pearson
Release Date: July 1st 2011
Published by: Arthur A. Levine Books
Summary (from Goodreads):

For anyone who's ever survived a rite of passage or performed a mating dance at Prom . . .

The Japanese hold a Mogi ceremony for young women coming of age. Latina teenagers get quinceaneras. And Janice Wills of Melva, NC ... has to compete in the Miss Livermush pageant.

Janice loves anthropology--the study of human cultures--and her observations help her identify useful rules in the chaotic world of high school. For instance: Dancing is an effective mating ritual--but only if you're good at it; Hot Theatre Guys will never speak to Unremarkable Smart Girls like Janice and her best friend, Margo; and a Beautiful Rich Girl will always win Melva's annual Miss Livermush pageant.

But when a Hot Theatre Guy named Jimmy Denton takes an interest in Janice, all her scientific certainties explode. For the first time, she has to be part of the culture that she's always observed; and all the charts in the world can't prove how tough--and how sweet--real participation and a real romance can be.

Funny, biting, and full of wisdom, this marks the debut of a writer to watch.
Why I'm waiting for The Rites and Wrongs of Janice Wills:

I really really want to read this book. Janice sounds like a socially awkward teen who'd rather observe everyone else than be a part of it. She reminds me somewhat of Carrie Pilby. She's like a smart girl who thinks she's learned a lot from her observations, and I can wait to see what her reaction will be when she's the one thrusted in a situation where she's not just observing anymore, and she experiences real stuff. Should be a fun read!

Title: Sass & Serendipity by Jennifer Ziegler
Release Date: July 12th 2011
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Summary (from Goodreads):

For Daphne, the glass is always half full, a situation is better managed with a dab of lip gloss, and the boy of her dreams—the one she's read about in all of her novels—is waiting for her just around the corner.
For Gabby, nothing ever works out positively; wearing any form of makeup is a waste of study time, and boys will only leave you heartbroken. Her best friend, Mule, is the only one who has been there for her every step of the way.
But when the richest boy in school befriends Gabby, and Daphne starts to hang out more and more with her best friend, Mule, Gabby is forced to confront the emotional barriers she has put up to stop the hurting. And for once, her sassiness may fall prey to her definition of stupidity.
Why I'm waiting for Sass & Serendipity:

Because Jennifer Zeigler is awesome. I've read her other book, How Not To Be Popular and I loved it! And here is another sister book which I'm sure is just as good. Two sisters who couldn't be more different from each other, and the way they deal with life and love? One pessimistic, one optimistic, and both get to deal with life in their own ways. Will they change? Interesting... :)

Title: Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell by Crickett Rumley
Release Date: June 14th 2011
Published by: Egmont USA
Summary (from Goodreads):

When seventeen-year-old Jane gets kicked out of boarding school (again) and returns to her small town of Bienville, Alabama, she is certain of three things: Her grandmother will be happy to see her. She will be the subject of the town's gossip mill. And there are some people she will have to avoid. But she doesn't expect that those very things will land her smack in the middle of the Bienville's most illustrious event: the Magnolia Maid achievement pageant.
Why I'm waiting for Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell:

Wow that's such a long title! I'm curious to know... how do you get kicked out of boarding school twice? This book reminds me a bit of Kristina Springer's Just Your Average Princess and Gwendolyn Heasley's Where I Belong because of the Southern Belle theme, and I can tell it's going to be a hilarious read. For some reason I can't help but laugh while I was reading the summary.

-----

So what are you guys waiting for this week? Please share! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails