GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (31)

Happy Wednesday!

And my mailbox is very happy this week. :) I can't wait to do a vlog for my IMM this weekend! And now I'm featuring more books. I'm not helping you decrease your TBR pile, no?

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern
Release Date: June 7th 2011
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
Summary (from Goodreads):

On the first day of Lillian’s summer-before-college, she gets a message on her cell from her sort-of friend, Penny. Not only has Penny faked her own kidnapping, but Lil is the only one who figures it out. She knows that Penny’s home life has been rough, and that her boyfriend may be abusive. Soon, Penny’s family, the local police, and even the FBI are grilling Lil, and she decides to head out to Oregon, where Penny has mentioned an acquaintance. And who better to road-trip across the country with than Lil’s BFF, Josh. But here’s the thing: Lil loves Josh. And Josh doesn’t want to “ruin” their amazing friendship.

Josh has a car and his dad’s credit card. Lil has her cellphone and a hunch about where Penny is hiding. There’s something else she needs to find: Are she and Josh meant to be together?

Title: Audition by Stasia Ward Kehoe
Release Date: October 13th 201
Published by: Viking Juvenile
Summary (from Goodreads):

Once you've been chosen,
what step can you take...?


Seventeen-year-old Sara's dream of becoming a star ballerina is challenged when she falls for Remington, an older choreographer. Instead of success onstage, she becomes Rem's muse, which is a future she never considered--and one that threatens to break her heart.

Title: The Shattering by Karen Healey
Release Date: September 2011
Published by: Allen and Unwin
Summary (from Goodreads):

"If you want to find out who murdered your brother, come with me."

Summerton is perfect. A town in the isolated and stunning West Coast region of New Zealand, it is blessed with gorgeous weather and hordes of tourists.

But Keri is immune to her hometown’s charms. Her older brother has just killed himself, without warning or explanation, and left Keri shattered with grief and too many unanswered questions. So when her childhood friend Janna and tourist Sione offer answers, Keri is keen to listen.

Janna and Sione’s own older brothers died in suspicious circumstances. Sunny Summerton has dark secrets. And as they investigate, the answers to their questions become more bizarre. Shattering the secrecy of Summerton may open the trio to dangers they never knew were possible.

Can they save Summerton’s next victim? Or will they become victims themselves
-----

Why I'm waiting for Don't Stop Now:

Roadtrip!!! The plot reminds me a bit of Lauren Barnholdt's Two-Way Street, and another novel whose title escapes me. This Penny sounds like a big pain in the butt! But really, interesting love triangle here. :)

Why I'm waiting for Audition:

Why am I thinking of Centerstage while reading the summary for this book? You know these novels where the girl sticks with a guy who she knew, deep down, is bad for her? Yep, I like those types of stories. And that's why Audition caught my eye.

Why I'm waiting for The Shattering:

Another very interesting book. The cover reminds me a little bit of Kathy Riech's Virals, with the vibrant colors, the plot, however, seems completely different. Sione... sounds a very unique name.

So what are you waiting for this week? Share your links in the comment section, please!


16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're looking forward to The Shattering!

    I should perhaps note that Sione is not that unique a name in Samoa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your picks for this week, most especially Audition. I'm a wanna-be ballet dancer that's why I'm sure I'm going to enjoy that book ;)

    Happy Reading Kai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Dont Stop Now cover, and road trip? yes! sign me up :p the audition looks great too, first time ive seen it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks!! I'm especially looking forward to The Shattering (I still haven't read Karen's other novel, Guardian of the Dead yet! Must get on that). HELLO roadtrip book, I think you and I need to take a drive together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shattering does sound intriguing. A town in which people randomly die in suspicious circumstances and some young adults trying to solve whatever is going on = instant win for me. Audition sounds like a nice read too, I love ballet and dancing (although I'm not much of a dancer myself) so I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy that novel as well. Great choices!

    Take a look at my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great picks!! Cant wait to read them all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh, wow! I'm being overloaded with three books that I've never heard of and need now! Especially DON'T STOP NOW. It looks great. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of these so thanks! Audition definitely reminds me of Centrestage as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just hopping by....I haven't heard of any of these! o_O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks!!! I love finding out about books I haven't heard of! :)

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout-out, Kai. Hope you enjoy reading AUDITION!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't Stop Now is one of my WoW picks too! And maybe the other book you're thinking of is Amy & Roger's Epic Detour? That's what came to mind immediately when I saw this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the sound of all of these. Don't Stop Now looks particularly good.

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choices, The Shattering looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool choices! I was just looking at the synopsis for Audition yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks! I'm especially interested in Audition!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails