GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Review: Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh

I did mention to all of you that before YA, I'm a huge fan of Adult Paranormal romances right? No? Well, the perfect example of a book I'd love to read when I'm taking a break from reading YA books is this, Nalini Singh's works. :)

I've loved Nalini's writing ever since I've read the first book in her Psy-Changeling series, and I was overflowing with excitement when I got this book.

Title: Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #1)
Pages: 339
Release Date: February 11th 2010
Published by: Gollancz
Source: Bought
Buy: Amazon | Book Depository

Summary:

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other…and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break…

Forget about what you've read. In this book, Vampires weren't born. They are Made. The creatures of the night are being sired by those far more powerful than they are, the Archangels, composed of the ten most powerful Archangels on earth, The Cadre of Ten. Among these powerful winged beings is Raphael, the Archangel of New York. And he's got a job for the best Vampire Hunter there is, Elena. Elena, who had secrets of her own to protect and nightmares to live through. This job will test Elena in the most dangerous of ways, for she isn't hunting just any vampire, but someone, something far more powerful and sinister. And amidst the danger, the killing, Elena couldn't help but be drawn to the lethal power Raphael holds.

I never thought there would be anyone else who would top my list of hot male leads, but Raphael bumped Wrath of The Black Dagger Brotherhood out of the number one spot as the hottest male lead in any Adult Paranormal book I've read.

Raphael may be young by the Archangel's standards, but he's deadly. The allure of dangerous men in this novel is irresistible. Cunning, lethal, and powerful, Raphael had me swooning the moment he appeared in the story. I love how despite his obvious immortality, he seemed different than the rest of the Archangels. He's arrogant, but righteously so. Calculating, careful, and... sweet? He's the ultimate alpha male!

Elena, despite her good looks, is dangerous in her own way. I always love reading about female leads who can stand on her own two feet, fight for herself and just be really brave. I love how Elena can be tough yet caring at times. She can be reckless and really stubborn, but she knows her place (though she often crosses the line whenever needed). She's one kick-ass female and she's not afraid to show it!

I have to admit that I got a bit "addicted" to Raphael and Elena. I love the sexual tension that seemed to be always present between them, the moment they saw each other, how they taunt each other, how they want to establish which one's the boss of whom. But most of all I just couldn't help but marvel at how the sexual attraction, the lust between them turned to into something more, to love. The Archangel fell once again, and this time for a human.

The world presented by Nalini Singh is alluring, yet familiar. I marvel how the Archangels seemed to fit well into the world of humans in this book. Humans worship them, revered them, and yet they live in a seemingly separate world, one far more darker than what it seemed. Readers get a general idea how things work in the world of the Angels. And I tell you, they are anything but Angelic in this book.

Angels' Blood is an action-packed front seat tour into the world of the Archangels, filled with steamy hot scenes, gorgeous vampires, and hunters! What makes Angels' Blood a thoroughly enjoyable read is that along the way, more characters are introduced into the story, all equally dazzling and intriguing, without losing focus on who the story really is about.

I tell you, my heart raced a couple of times especially in action packed scenes. I cringed at the violence and the carnage, got scared at the evilness, and swooned and loved the characters. Angels' Blood doesn't seem to run out of charming vampires and charismatic Angels (Dmitri and Illium, anyone?) you'd pine for.

Kudos to Nalini Singh for a great start of a lovely series!

My rating

Content (plot, story flow, character):


Shining: Worthy of a Goddess' Love!

Book Cover:

I love the wings tattoo!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails