GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

Did you know there are a TON of great books releasing next year? I already have 83 in my list! I'm putting them in my to-read/to-buy list/excel sheet right now and there are so many of them! I think my list until half of next year is full already.

Again, we're featuring two books scheduled to be released next year! One dystopian, and a love story. I love love stories! Don't you? ^^

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Release Date: 23rd May 2011
Summary (From Goodreads):

In the year 2060, everything is done digitally. Kids no longer go to schools. They stay home and take classes online. Adults work from home, too. Even dating is no longer done in person. Why walk on a real beach when you can stroll down a digitally remastered one instead? No bad weather, no seagulls, nothing real to ruin a perfectly fine time.

Though she's grown up in this digital world, something about being cut off from everyone doesn't sit right with seventeen-year-old Madeline. Her favorite activity--the only one she does off line--is soccer. She likes the physicality of it and the comradery with the other girls.

Then she meets Justin. He, too, prefers life off line. It's all he talks about. He even takes her out to a real coffee shop and an underground club. Maybe it's his attentiveness, or the physical closeness of actually being with someone, or just that he's very good looking, Madie is definitely drawn to him. But there's also something very aloof about him, like perhaps he's hiding something.

When Madie uncovers the truth, she's faced with the question: What's more important, fighting for what you believe in or love?

Title: Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
Release Date: 11th January 2011
Summary (From Goodreads):

Ari Mitchell feels invisible at her Brooklyn high school. Her hair is too flat, her style too preppy, and her personality too quiet. And outside school, Ari feels outshined by her beautiful, confident best friend, Summer. Their friendship is as complex and confusing as Ari’s relationship with her troubled older sister, Evelyn, a former teenage mom whose handsome firefighter husband fills Ari’s head with guilty fantasies.

When an unexpected inheritance enables Ari to transfer to an elite Manhattan prep school, she makes a wealthy new friend, Leigh. Leigh introduces Ari to the glamorous side of New York—and to her gorgeous cousin, Blake. Ari doesn't think she stands a chance, but amazingly, Blake asks her out. As their romance heats up, they find themselves involved in an intense, consuming relationship. Ari’s family worries that she is losing touch with the important things in life, like family, hard work, and planning for the future. Meanwhile, Summer warns her that what she feels for Blake is just an infatuation. Not real love. But Ari’s world is awash with new colors, filled with a freshness and an excitement she hasn’t felt in years.

When misfortune befalls Blake’s family, he pulls away, and Ari's world drains of color. As she struggles to get over the breakup, Ari must finally ask herself: were their feelings true love . . . or something else?

So what's in your WoW list today? Please share them!

8 comments:

  1. Have both these one my wish list too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These sound really good. They're nice, fresh picks! Putting on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two are on my list! I can't wait for them, they sound amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super excited for both of these! They've both been my Waiting on Wednesdays before. They look so good :) Thanks for sharing and getting me even more excited about them!

    Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both sound amazing! Fab picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover to Awaken. I hope when you get your books, that you will enjoy them as much as you hope to. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sound like great reads, I'll be adding them to my TBR list as well!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these books sound like they are going to be SO good. I am waiting on both of these as well ;)

    Check out my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails