GIVING AWAY BOOKS!

Adopt an ARC! Check out this list! (PH Only)
  • ARC Review: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
  • ARC Review: The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver
  • Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Review: Karmic Hearts by Jhing Bautista
  • Review: The Conspiration of the Universe by Kenneth Olanday

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (10)

I am loving steampunk novels now. No really. I am craving for more steampunk! Any suggestions? Recommendations? Oh, and thanks Clockwork Angel. Just the right kind of book I need to get me out of that reading slump. Review will be posted in a while. :)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Release Date: 22 February 2011
Summary (From Goodreads):

In the city of Lovecraft, the Proctors rule and a great Engine turns below the streets, grinding any resistance to their order to dust. The necrovirus is blamed for Lovecraft's epidemic of madness, for the strange and eldritch creatures that roam the streets after dark, and for everything that the city leaders deem Heretical—born of the belief in magic and witchcraft. And for Aoife Grayson, her time is growing shorter by the day.

Aoife Grayson's family is unique, in the worst way—every one of them, including her mother and her elder brother Conrad, has gone mad on their 16th birthday. And now, a ward of the state, and one of the only female students at the School of Engines, she is trying to pretend that her fate can be different.

Title: Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
Release Date: 08 February 2010
Summary (From Goodreads):

The community of Cryer’s Cross, Montana (population 212) is distraught when high school freshman Tiffany disappears without a trace. Already off-balance due to her OCD, 16-year-old Kendall is freaked out seeing Tiffany’s empty desk in the one-room school house, but somehow life goes on... until Kendall's boyfriend Nico also disappears, and also without a trace. Now the town is in a panic. Alone in her depression and with her OCD at an all-time high, Kendall notices something that connects Nico and Tiffany: they both sat at the same desk. She knows it's crazy, but Kendall finds herself drawn to the desk, dreaming of Nico and wondering if maybe she, too, will disappear...and whether that would be so bad. Then she begins receiving graffiti messages on the desk from someone who can only be Nico. Can he possibly be alive somewhere? Where is he? And how can Kendall help him? The only person who believes her is Jacian, the new guy she finds irritating...and attractive. As Kendall and Jacian grow closer, Kendall digs deeper into Nico's mysterious disappearance only to stumble upon some ugly—and deadly—local history. Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried.


No Y.A. fluffy romance in my WoW post this week. Even I am surprised! And yet again, my To-Read / To-Buy list got longer.

So what's your WoW post for this week? ^^

7 comments:

  1. These definitely look like books to wait for. hope you enjoy them and I've put them on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing

    Here's my WOW for this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the sound of both of these! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to both of these as well. Good choices! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really intrigued by The Iron Thorn. Not sure yet, but I will definitely be looking at it more closely when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of either of these, but wow does the second blurb sound super creepy. I'm curious about the desk now! :S Great picks this week <3

    Here's my WoW this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone! glad that you liked my WoW post for this week! I love it when people add them to their wishlist/TBR list too!

    @kristina: why hello there! kamusta? I didn't know you're Filipina! where are you from? you can speak tagalog! *excited*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from my readers and fellow bookworms, and I try my best to respond to all of them. Feel free to give me a piece of your thoughts. Also, this is an award-free blog. I simply don't have the time to highlight them anymore, but thank you for thinking of my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails