The first book of the All-American Girl series by Meg Cabot, the story promises an exciting adventure.
Title: All-American Girl (All-American Girl #1)
Author: Meg Cabot
Top Ten Reasons Samantha Madison is in Deep Trouble
10. Her big sister is the most popular girl in school
9. Her little sister is a certified genius
8. She's in love with her big sister's boyfriend
7. She got caught selling celebrity portraits in school
6. And now she's being forced to take art classes
5. She's just saved the president of the United States from an assassination attempt
4. So the whole world thinks she is a hero
3. Even though Sam knows she is far, far from being a hero
2. And now she's been appointed teen ambassador to the UN
And the number-one reason Sam's life is over?
1. The president's son just might be in love with her
Inspired by the teaser, I’ll write my review in the same manner.=)
Top 5 Reasons why you’ll love reading All-American Girl:
5. It’s written by Meg Cabot. THE Meg Cabot, author of the successful Princess Diaries books, which spawned two movies, which gives us number
4. It has the potential of being adapted into a movie. (Think Disney!)
3. Story is entertainingly funny. Humor does not rely on slapstick comedy.
2. The starry, sparkly book cover is enough to grab your attention.ü
1. It’s a lighthearted, easy read. The conversational tone makes it more exciting, and the characters come alive.
Top 4 Reasons why you’ll love Samantha:
4. Samantha is living every girl’s dream of finding prince charming. In this case, it’s the First Son.
3. Samantha is easily relatable. She goes through the same teenage problems every girl goes through – sisters, crushes, insecurity.
2. Samantha represents!
1. Samantha inspires us to stand up for what we believe in.
Top 3 Lessons we’ll learn from the book:
3. Anyone can be a hero, no matter what gender and age.
2. Family will always be family. They love, support, and care for you en everything that you do.
1. There is always someone out there for us.
Top 2 Reasons you might not pick this book up at the bookstore:
2. The plot seems a bit far-fetched. The chances of encountering the President AND saving him from an assassination at attempt are very slim to none. But hey, every once in a while, we’re allowed some fantasies, right?=)
1. The book is a part of a series. It is almost a requirement to buy the next book, Ready Or Not, which I’m sure you would, since a reader won’t be able to get enough of All-American Girl and Samantha.
Top Reason why I recommend you read this book:
Everyone loves a refreshing, feel good story which All-American Girl easily fulfills. As we go through the pages, we’re rooting for our young heroine, and we all smile when she finally gets her happily-ever-after.
All-American Girl by Meg Cabot deserves 5 out of 5.
Stunning: Worthy of a Goddess' Praise!